- Do have the right incontinence products-By using the right incontinence supplies you can reduce the chances that you will have an accident. Incontinence products come in a wide range of styles. Some incontinence sufferers choose to use an adult diaper to prevent accidents while others will use incontinence underwear that can be worn with or without incontinence pads. It is also important to realize that there are incontinence products for men and incontinence products for women which mean choosing the right product for your gender essential. You should also keep in mind that fit is very important. If your incontinence undergarment does not fit well it will be limited on how much protection it can provide you. All of these incontinence products and more can be bought from sites that offer urinary incontinence products. For help and guidance in selecting incontinence products please click on http://caregiverpartnership.com/incontinence-product-finder. You can also choose samples to try by clicking on http://caregiverpartnership.com/landing/samples.
- Don’t drink beverages that have alcohol or caffeine-While these types of beverages can be very enjoyable you need to realize that both alcohol and caffeine are diuretics. If you have too much diuretic in your system it will signal to the bladder that you need to go much more then you really do. This can escalate into an uncontrollable urge to urinate. Worse yet, alcohol is not only a diuretic but can dull the sense that you need that tells you when you need to go to the bathroom. If you are an incontinence sufferer it is best to avoid these beverages all together.
- Do eat fiber everyday-You may not realize that what you eat also plays a part in how severe your incontinence symptoms are. You want to make sure that you are keeping food moving along the digestive track. If you don’t eat enough fiber everyday you may end up constipated which can put severe pressure on the bladder and makes your incontinence worse. While you can take a fiber supplement it is important to make sure that you are eating enough vegetables, fruit and whole grains.
- Don’t stop drinking water-Many people with incontinence mistakenly believe that if they limit the water that they drink then their incontinence symptoms will be reduced. However, you may be
- surprised to learn that reducing the amount of water that you drink can pose a serious health risk. Not only will you become dehydrated it will cause your urine to become more irritating and signal your bladder that you need to go more often. You can also make constipation worse if you are not drinking enough water. You should never reduce your intake of water without consulting with your doctor beforehand.
- Do pay attention to your weight-The reality is that carrying around to much weight not only affects your heart and lungs but every other muscle in your body, as well. This include the muscles that are on the pelvic floor. Being overweight can weaken these muscles and make incontinence worse. Studies show that by losing only 10-15% of your body weight you can significantly reduce the number of incontinence accidents that occur. To find out more about all aspects of incontinence please visit http://caregiverpartnership.com/landing/incontinence.