Signs That You Need to See a Urologist

Seeing a Urologist

If you are wearing adult diapers to help you manage your problems with incontinence it may be time for you to speak with a urologist. This is a good idea to see what is happening and if there is some type of solution for the type of incontinence you are living with. Adult diapers can give you back your dignity as others will not be able to detect them but at the end of the day you still need to consider all of your options to help you with incontinence:
There are some common signs of incontinence that you can be aware of and others that are a little harder to detect like having colitis. Typically you know you have incontinence because you lose urine or fecal matter without warning and you do not have control over when the urine or fecal matter is released. The big problem with this is not only that you are not able to control the problem but also that you are dealing with other issues as well like the embarrassment that comes from having your bowels release themselves. This is why so many urinary incontinence products and adult diapers are on the market as they can provide you with discreteness again. When you wear them, people will not be able to detect that you are battling incontinence. Many of the incontinence supplies on the market now provide you with not only pads and things to capture the urine but they also give you some other benefits as well like offering scented PH balances so others will not smell the fecal matter or the urine that is released. To find adult diapers that work well for your needs click on the following link:

Caring for a loved one that has incontinence is hard because they often do not want to talk about it. Since it is such an embarrassing condition you need to approach them with a lot of respect and to make sure they do not feel embarrassed. Purchasing some adult diapers and offering them to your loved one when you have a conversation about incontinence can help you to make the conversation easier.

Watch this video.  How to choose the right incontinence product. 

A urologist will check your bladder and intestines to look for serious problems. It is common for some people to leak urine during certain times like when you are pregnant or after childbirth. It might also occur during monthly menstruation.  Weak pelvic floor muscles are usually to blame for most of the urinary incontinence problems you may experience. If you have leakage every time you lift something or you cough or place any type of pressure on the bowels you need to speak to a urologist. One way to manage your condition with stress incontinence is by exercising. Losing weight can have a huge impact on your problems that are causing you to need incontinence underwear and other incontinence supplies.

Another sign that it is time for you to seek out help from a urologist is because your condition is getting worse. If you are struggling more and more to maintain control over your bowels you need to schedule a visit with the doctor. They need to test you out and find out what is happening and if there are other concerns to address. It is common for people to become depressed when they have incontinence as they stop going out socially and they no longer enjoy their sex life.

Having too much pressure on the bladder will cause you to have urinary incontinence problems. A urologist is the best option you have when you are hoping to manage your condition so you do not need to wear adult diapers for the rest of your life.

Call us.  We're here to help.
About The CareGiver Partnership. The CareGiver Partnership helps caregivers and their loved ones with answers to their caregiving questions, including information about home health care products and supplies, from our Wisconsin-based team of Product Specialists who are all current or former caregivers. The company’s Web site provides the largest online library of resources on subjects most important to caregivers — from arthritis to assisted living, and Parkinson’s to prostate cancer — as well as access to more than 3,000 home care products for incontinence, skin care, mobility, home safety and daily living aids. The CareGiver Partnership was founded in 2004 by Lynn Wilson of Neenah, Wisc. Visit to learn more or call 1-800-985-1353.


Post a Comment