|More traveling with Incontinence|
- It matters where you sit-If you are traveling on a flight, or by train or bus you should pick an aisle seat. This will let you be less of a disruption when you need to use the bathroom.
- Plan ahead for disposal-Most means of transportation have limited garbage options. You may need to plan ahead to deal with this. First of all it can be helpful to wear a product that has the highest level of absorbency. This way you will have to change less often. Secondly, you may need to bring disposal bags so you can discreetly get rid of worn incontinence garments.
- Wear the right product-Today, there is wide variety of options that are available in incontinence products. You can find the style, size, type, and level of absorbency that meets your unique needs. Do not settle for an incontinence product that does not fully meet your needs. This way when you do leave home you will know that you are wearing an incontinence product that will help you manage the issue to the fullest extent.
- Look for rest stops and restrooms-Today, the internet can let you know where to find restrooms and rest stops virtually anywhere in the world. This eliminates the need for a frantic and panicked look for the restroom. You can also plan out where restrooms are so that you can make periodic stops. Health experts recommend that you plan on stopping at least every 30-60 minutes if possible.
- Pack a travel kit-Besides taking plenty of your incontinence products with you it can be helpful to pack a travel kit. This travel kit can be discreetly carried in a shoulder bag, backpack, or even a briefcase. This travel kit should include: extra underwear and outer clothes, wipes and cleaner, plastic bags for disposal, and barrier cream if needed.
- Try to stick to your regular diet-Many people with incontinence find that they can effectively manage their symptoms by maintaining a certain diet. However, this can be difficult to do when traveling. You should try to avoid anything with caffeine, high degrees of salt, and alcohol. You should also make sure that you do not become dehydrated but maintain your regular level of beverage consumption.