|Order your pre-production free copy of the book now...|
for a very limited time!
Activities 101 for the Family Caregiver - Visually and Cognitively Impaired
Based on the R.O.S. Activities 101 training program and blended with information from the Industries of the Blind and the Olmsted Center for Sight, the book is a basic, "How To" guide for non-medical caregivers. Topics include:
- Activities and Their Benefits
- Preparation for Activities - Organization, Lighting and Glare
- Information Gathering and Assessment
- Communicating and Motivating for Success
- Engaging Someone with Difficult Behaviors
- Planning and Executing Activities
- Visual Impairment Tips for Activities Such as Crafts, Writing and Eating
- When Should You Do Activities
- Basic Activity Lesson Plan
Benefits of activities for seniors and their caregivers include:
- Minimize Behavioral Changes
- Improved Sleep Habits
- Decrease Depression and Anxiety
- Improved Self Esteem
- Increased mental and social stimulation
- Improved quality of life for senior and their caregiver
Help support this ad free blog by answering several questions about caregiving here. It will take just two minutes.
|Call us. We're here to help.|
About The CareGiver Partnership. The CareGiver Partnership helps caregivers and their loved ones with answers to their caregiving questions, including information about home health care products and supplies, from our Wisconsin-based team of Product Specialists who are all current or former caregivers. The company’s Web site provides the largest online library of resources on subjects most important to caregivers — from arthritis to assisted living, and Parkinson’s to prostate cancer — as well as access to more than 3,000 home care products for incontinence, skin care, mobility, home safety and daily living aids. The CareGiver Partnership was founded in 2004 by Lynn Wilson of Neenah, Wisc. Visithttp://www.caregiverpartnership.com to learn more or call 1-800-985-1353.