|Most absorbent pads for LBL|
When it comes to pads, there are different brands, sizes and absorbencies to choose from, begging the question: How can you possibly determine which is the most absorbent or the best for you? It is not like the manufacturers make it easy to compare brands. None of them use the same terminology. Some say “maximum” others say “super” or “heavy duty”, and it is hard to know how they compare. Is “super” the same as “maximum” or “ultimate”? For example, the following names are all used to talk about essentially the same product: Maximum, Ultimate, insert pad, shaped pad, Super Maxi, Forte, Heavy, Super, Day Heavy, Day Moderate, Night, Day Plus and Night Super.
As you can see, when looking for the larger, more absorbent versions of the top brands for incontinence products, the confusing jargon can leave you frustrated. We are going to cut through that confusion. The following are the most absorbent pad products from each brand. It is important to remember that there are differences, for example, some are shaped, some positioned for night use (although any large pad is good for that) and some are made from 100% cotton for sensitive skin. However, when looking for absorbency, these are the pad options to consider:
- Poise - Maximum and Ultimate
- Poise Hourglass - Maximum and Ultimate – What’s the difference between these and just “Poise”? These are good for women who carry a few extra pounds because they fit better and won’t bunch.
- Prevail - Maximum and Ultimate
- TENA - Heavy, Heavy Long and Ultimate Overnight
- Attends - Insert Pads and Shaped Pads
- Abena - Plus, Super, Super Maxi and Forte
- Dry Comfort - Day Heavy, Day Moderate and Night
- Wings Pads - Day Plus and Night Super
Consumers buying incontinence products the first time can easily be confused by which product, brand, style, size or absorbency to purchase. And once the package is opened, they can’t be returned, so mistakes can be costly. Here are some helpful resources to help you avoid this problem:
1. Explanation of types
|Don't waste money trying to figure out the right brand, product type, size or absorbency.|
Or you can call us with questions. We’re experts on the 500 incontinence products we offer. 800-985-1353 M-F 9-4 CST
Learn more about LBL and bladder control.
|Call us. We're here to help.|