|Katy Perry weighs in on incontinence at any age.|
You may be surprised to learn that incontinence is so much more out in the open that celebrities are even owning up to the fact they have experienced it and are offering advice on how to cope with symptoms. Here are 5 celebs who own their incontinence...
- Katy Perry is a famous pop artist known for both her music and unique sense of style. While you may be awed by both Katie’s style and talent what you may not know is she had frequent urinary complications throughout high school. It is important to note incontinence is not something only someone “older” has to deal with but it can affect anyone of any age. Katy reports while dealing with this certainly wasn't fun she was able to manage her symptoms and continue with her daily activities.
- Kris Jenner is matriarch of the famous Kardashian clan as well as a former talk show host and cookbook author. Kris has become highly vocal about her incontinence symptoms on her hit reality show and has readily admitted she uses incontinence products whenever necessary. Today, there is a such a wide variety of incontinence supplies there are some which can even be worn under the most fashion forward and snug fitting clothes.
- Tony Romo is the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. Few would guess this ruggedly handsome football player has ever dealt with incontinence. However, during preparation for the 2009 NFL season, he developed a serious bladder infection. This resulted in him being diagnosed with overactive bladder (OAB). Romo decided to take control of his symptoms by wearing incontinence products during practice.
- Stephen King is famous for his popular horror novels. When he first began experiencing incontinence symptoms he reported being afraid he had bladder cancer. However, the diagnosis was a simple urinary tract infection. While the treatment was successful and incontinence products helped manage his symptoms he also isn’t afraid to say he keeps incontinence supplies on hand should he ever need them again.
- Samuel L. Jackson is best known for his starring roles in the blockbuster hits which include Star Wars, Pulp Fiction, and Snakes on a Plane. He has stated in his late 40’s he began to experience loss of bladder control. Mr. Jackson reports being embarrassed until he realized this was a problem millions of people deal with everyday. He has even invested in incontinence products and continues to wear them to help him manage his incontinence symptoms.
Studies show one of the most overwhelming feelings experienced by those who have been diagnosed with incontinence is the feeling of being on an island by themselves. Many people feel embarrassment, shame and even fear over the fact they are experiencing incontinence symptoms. This unfortunately has led to some people even isolating themselves from family, friends, work and social activities because of the fear of being found out that they have incontinence. Many people are unsure of how to go about finding the right incontinence supplies and worry if they will have to wear ‘adult diapers’ and everyone will know about their incontinence.
25 million Americans experience incontinence
Today, it is important to understand there are 25 million Americans who are experiencing some form of incontinence. Treatment options along with management strategies are becoming more accessible and more talked about. There is wide variety of incontinence products to help you manage your incontinence symptoms.
Using the right incontinence products makes a big difference
One of the most important strategies is to have the right incontinence product to use whether you are looking for incontinence pads or adult diapers.When you are able to find the right incontinence supplies for your needs then you can continue on with the activities you enjoy comfortably all the while managing your incontinence discreetly. Today, there are more choices of incontinence products than ever before.
Confusion reigns. How do you know what’s best for you?
With all the choices comes confusion about which incontinence products will work best. In a recent study, Kimberly-Clark, makers of Depend and Poise brands, discovered those buying incontinence products for the first time, waste $130 on average in trial and error mode. That’s about 10 bags of products which can’t be returned, once opened. This means consumers are often stuck with an incontinence product which doesn’t provide them with the highest levels of protection against leakage and accidents.
Two new tools simplifies choice
That’s why The CareGiver Partnership has taken steps to help make choosing incontinence supplies easier. They offer an incontinence product sample service to help you avoid the costly mistake of ordering a case of product which does not meet your needs – risk free. They offer over 100 different samples-brands, styles, sizes, and absorbencies to choose from. The cost is only $3.49 for shipping. The brief video below explains how their Try Before You Buy sample service can help you avoid the costly mistake of ordering a case of product which does not meet your needs.
Even when you have an idea of what incontinence products you are looking for it can still be overwhelming. That’s why the free & easy Incontinence Product Finder was developed. It saves you time, money and frustration by making it easy to sort through hundreds of products - fast. The video below explains how it works. Questions? Call 800-985-1353 & speak with one of our knowledgeable female product specialists, who are or have been caregivers.
Help support this ad free blog by answering several questions about caregiving here. It will take just two minutes.
|Call us. We're here to help.|