|Depend Guards for Men. |
One of the Top Rated Guards for Male Incontinence.
The right product can be determined by the level of incontinence, how absorbent the products are, how discreet they are, and how normalized their appearance is. There are at least 4 styles of incontinence products to consider based on need:
1. Briefs- sometimes referred to as ‘adult diapers’ are the ones with tape tabs and are the most absorbent style. These are also used for fecal incontinence.
2. Pull-On underwear is the next most absorbent style.
3. Belted undergarments-They provide more absorbency and protection than a pad, but less that a pull-on underwear. They are open at the sides to let skin breathe. They are also easier to take off for a caregiver.
4. Guards - essentially pads for men. Also available in thinner, lighter shields.
Most men who have had prostate surgery will experience heavier incontinence right after, and it will lessen as time passes. To manage it, most men typically start with a brief or pull on absorbent underwear, and transition to a belted undergarment and male guard as the severity lessens. The following are some of the top rated male guards for incontinence.
- Depend Guards for Men- A great guard designed to provide protection in the areas it is needed most for men.
- Depend Shields offer lighter protection in a thinner style than Depend Guards for Men
- Prevail Male Guards - similar to Depend Guards for Men at a lower cost.
- TENA for Men - similar to Depend Male Guards.
- Attends Guards for Men - light protection and lower cost.
- Abena Guards for Men - heaviest protection in a larger size.
Learn more about prostate surgery.
Consumers buying incontinence products the first time can easily be confused which product, brand, style, size or absorbency to purchase. And once the package is opened, they can’t be returned, so mistakes can be costly. Here are some helpful resources to help you avoid this problem:
1. Explanation of product types: pull-ons, adjustable underwear, briefs, undergarments and more.
2. Incontinence Product Finder: Helping you to quickly and easily sort though nearly 500 choices.
3. Samples: Allows you to try before you buy, you can choose from more than 100 samples.
|Try our Sample Service to avoid wasting money.|
Call us at 800-985-1353 to talk to one of our product specialists. This is an all-female team who have each been a caregiver to a loved one. Since this is their only business, they know incontinence products inside and out, and want to help you.
Learn more about prostate surgery and incontinence as a side effect.
|Call us. We're here to help.|
Help support this ad free blog by answering several questions about caregiving here. It will take just two minutes.
About The CareGiver Partnership. The CareGiver Partnership helps caregivers and their loved ones with answers to their caregiving questions, including information about home health care products and supplies, from our Wisconsin-based team of Product Specialists who are all current or former caregivers. The company’s Web site provides the largest online library of resources on subjects most important to caregivers — from arthritis to assisted living, and Parkinson’s to prostate cancer — as well as access to more than 3,000 home care products for incontinence, skin care, mobility, home safety and daily living aids. The CareGiver Partnership was founded in 2004 by Lynn Wilson of Neenah, Wisc. Visithttp://www.caregiverpartnership.com to learn more or call 1-800-985-1353.