|Different products help to manage different kinds of incontinence.|
- Stress incontinence-This type of incontinence occurs when the person when the person is being active and putting any stress or strain on their balder. This can be anything from as simple as a sneeze to more vigorous physical activity.
- Urge incontinence-This occurs when the nerve endings to the bladder get “mixed up” and the bladder suddenly contracts and has to be emptied.
- Overflow incontinence-This type of incontinence frequently occurs due to a blockage that does not allow the bladder to be fully voided.
- Functional incontinence-This is incontinence that has occurred after damage has happened in the bladder, bowel, or neurological areas of the brain that control these functions.
Here’s a look at some of the various options for absorbent products:
- Boxers-This is for men who want the look and feel of regular boxer style underwear with as much absorbency as a pull-on option. Prevail offers a great option for Boxers
- Pull-on-This will pull up and down like traditional underwear, but provide protection. They will also offer cloth-like stretch panels for superior comfort, and tear away sides for easy removal. Tranquility premium pull on are a great option.
- Adjustable underwear-This is designed for both men and women. It has tabs to reposition and adjust for fit. They also offer tear away sides for easy changing.
- Briefs/adult diapers-This undergarment is made for both men and women. It will offer maximum protection for heavy to complete loss of bladder and bowel control. Adult diapers also offer tape tabs for faster, easier removal by caregivers. TENA super briefs are a great option for those with moderate to severe fecal incontinence.
Today, you can avoid that by purchasing samples from Caregiverpartnership.com. They offer a sample package of 4 adult diapers for the low price of only $3.49 for shipping and handling. Best of all, they offer over 100 products in sample packages that will help you to try out several different types of adult diapers without worrying that you will purchase an incontinence product that you won’t use.
|Try our Sample Service to avoid wasting money.|
For further reading: Learn the basics about bladder control.
|Call us. We're here to help.|
Help support this ad free blog by answering several questions about caregiving here. It will take just two minutes.
About The CareGiver Partnership. The CareGiver Partnership helps caregivers and their loved ones with answers to their caregiving questions, including information about home health care products and supplies, from our Wisconsin-based team of Product Specialists who are all current or former caregivers. The company’s Web site provides the largest online library of resources on subjects most important to caregivers — from arthritis to assisted living, and Parkinson’s to prostate cancer — as well as access to more than 3,000 home care products for incontinence, skin care, mobility, home safety and daily living aids. The CareGiver Partnership was founded in 2004 by Lynn Wilson of Neenah, Wisc. Visithttp://www.caregiverpartnership.com to learn more or call 1-800-985-1353.