|Five tips for hiding adult diapers|
- Choose low profile products. Just as there are different levels of incontinence, there are different products designed to meet the needs of those suffering incontinence. Select options that are designed to look and feel like real underwear while offering the protection in the most needed areas. At the CareGiver Partnership, we recommend Depend Silhouette Underwear for Women. They are low profile, offer maximum absorbency, are soft and quiet, and fit well for great leak protection. We also recommend Depend Real Fit for Men, which offers the normalcy of real underwear with the protection of an incontinence product.
- Have a method for disposal. Once you have the right products selected to fit your needs, it is important to have a dedicated method of disposal. No matter how well you hide your adult diapers under your clothes, if you do not have a way of disposing of them discreetly, you will be found out. Fresh Sacks, and Heaven Scent disposal bags are a great option for concealing soiled adult diapers, and preventing odor problems when disposing of them in a trash receptacle.
- Choose clothing well. Despite the fact that many adult diapers are made from soft and quiet cloth-like fabric, and are designed with a slim side profile for a discreet fit, sheer, lightweight, and tight fitting clothing can still give you away. Choose clothing that will help draw attention away from the groin and bottom, and that will help conceal the adult diapers. Avoid clothing with a lot of stitching, “bling” etc. on the rear pockets, and anything that is too form fitting.
- Wear regular underwear over adult diapers. If you are going to be in a situation where someone may notice your underclothing, such as at the gym, it can be helpful to wear regular underwear over your adult diapers, or choose adult diapers that mimic the look and feel of real underwear.
- Choose the right diaper for your absorbency needs. No matter how careful you are in selecting diapers that are slim in profile, or mimic the look and feel of real underwear, if they do not adequately protect your level of incontinence, it will be hard to hide them. Leaking is a quick giveaway. Consider getting help with sizing and product selection from one of the CareGiver Partnership’s knowledgeable product specialists. These nice ladies can help you find the right fit, and help you order samples to try. To contact a product specialist call 800-985-1353 M-F 9-3 Central.
Call us. We're here to help.
About The CareGiver Partnership. The CareGiver Partnership helps caregivers and their loved ones with answers to their caregiving questions, including information about home health care products and supplies, from our Wisconsin-based team of Product Specialists who are all current or former caregivers. The company’s Web site provides the largest online library of resources on subjects most important to caregivers — from arthritis to assisted living, and Parkinson’s to prostate cancer — as well as access to more than 3,000 home care products for incontinence, skin care, mobility, home safety and daily living aids. The CareGiver Partnership was founded in 2004 by Lynn Wilson of Neenah, Wisc. Visithttp://www.caregiverpartnership.com to learn more or call 1-800-985-1353.