|Manage fecal incontinence|
Steps to treat/manage:
1. Get medical attention for appropriate diagnosis and treatment. This is very important. While adult soiling occurs more in the elderly, it is not something that is inevitable as you age, thus, not speaking to a healthcare professional for an appropriate diagnosis and treatment is to your detriment. In many instances, the problem can be solved with changes to diet, medication, or possibly surgery. Regardless of the embarrassing nature of the subject, if you suffer from adult soiling, talk to your doctor about it so that they can determine the cause and suggest an appropriate treatment plan.
2. Address potential causes. If your diet is causing constipation, change the diet. Etc. Your doctor should be able to help you figure out the steps to addressing the potential causes of adult soiling, in order to hopefully stop it from occurring. Often a change to diet is necessary, along with a rigid bathroom schedule and medications.
3. Reduce your anxiety and stress. Breathing tactics, as well as other stress releasing devices can help reduce the sense of urgency and help rectum muscles. This can make bowel elimination easier, and improve symptoms.
4. Have a plan. Create a bathroom plan, and stick to it. Use the bathroom regularly, and make sure you always know where one is, and how to get to it, so that if you feel the need to go, you can make it in time without having to hold your bowel movement in. This can further problems with soiling.
5. Choose the best management products. While treating and trying to eliminate fecal incontinence, be sure to get the best products possible to help manage the symptoms. This will make life a lot easier, far less embarrassing, and help reduce your stress about your bowel control problems. The CareGiver Partnership offers 500 items, 10 times more than even the big stores with 100 different samples. Learn more about products for adult soiling.. And consider contacting one of their product specialists at 800-985-1353 M-F 9-4 Central, for help in selecting the best sizes and products for your specific needs. According to Kimberly-Clark consumer research the average consumer buying incontinence products wastes $130 in trial and error before finding the right products. The nice ladies at The CareGiver Partnership, can help you avoid that costly mistake, and select samples, which are only $3.49 S&H.
|Try our Sample Service to avoid the costly mistake|
|Call us. We're here to help.|
About The CareGiver Partnership. The CareGiver Partnership helps caregivers and their loved ones with answers to their caregiving questions, including information about home health care products and supplies, from our Wisconsin-based team of Product Specialists who are all current or former caregivers. The company’s Web site provides the largest online library of resources on subjects most important to caregivers — from arthritis to assisted living, and Parkinson’s to prostate cancer — as well as access to more than 3,000 home care products for incontinence, skin care, mobility, home safety and daily living aids. The CareGiver Partnership was founded in 2004 by Lynn Wilson of Neenah, Wisc. Visithttp://www.caregiverpartnership.com to learn more or call 1-800-985-1353.