|Have the right supplies for bedside care|
1. Get the right bed- Although purchasing a hospital bed can be a real investment, a bed that can be adjusted to fit the comfort and needs of the confined individual can be very helpful. It can make moving the individual easier for the caregiver, and improve their overall comfort. It can also add to their independence, allowing them to adjust the bed themselves to find comfort, rather than have to call someone in each time they need a pillow fluffed, or their legs elevated.
2. Care for more than the physical- No adult likes the feeling of depending on others for basic needs and care. Being bedridden can be an emotional and trying thing, and can lead to restlessness, agitation, frustration, and more. As a caregiver it can feel like regardless of your efforts, nothing you are doing seems to help. It is important to remember that bedside care involves more than caring for the physical needs, but should also address the emotional needs of the individual. Terminal restlessness can be dangerous to their health and safety, and should be treated seriously. Take time daily to address emotional needs.
3. Get the right supplies- A big part of basic bedside care relies on having the right supplies to make daily living easier. While it depends on the situation, you may need any or all of the following:
- Bedrails- These provide both safety and support for the bedridden person, and can also provide a handy place to store needed items.
- Bedside organizers- These are basically places that are easy to access from the bed that can hold things like the remote, medications, lotions, etc.
- Personal care products – These are simply things to increase comfort and health, such as non slip socks, hair shampooers, and room deodorizers.
- Incontinence products and urinals- These may include adult diapers, bedpans, and more.
- Bed pads- These are protection for the mattress, to provide a fluid proof barrier in case of leaks, spills, etc.
You can find what you need to make bedside care easier for both the caregiver and the loved one being cared for here. The CareGiver Partnership offers 500 items, 10 times more than even the big stores with 100 different samples. The knowledgeable product specialists are standing by, ready to help you find the perfect products for your bedside care needs, and can be reached at 800-985-1353 M-F 9-4 Central.
|Call us. We're here to help.|
About The CareGiver Partnership. The CareGiver Partnership helps caregivers and their loved ones with answers to their caregiving questions, including information about home health care products and supplies, from our Wisconsin-based team of Product Specialists who are all current or former caregivers. The company’s Web site provides the largest online library of resources on subjects most important to caregivers — from arthritis to assisted living, and Parkinson’s to prostate cancer — as well as access to more than 3,000 home care products for incontinence, skin care, mobility, home safety and daily living aids. The CareGiver Partnership was founded in 2004 by Lynn Wilson of Neenah, Wisc. Visithttp://www.caregiverpartnership.com to learn more or call 1-800-985-1353.