|Depend Silhouettes for Women|
|Inspire Reusable Underpad|
One of the most commonly used lines of incontinence undergarments comes from Inspire. This line of products offers a variety of choices for those who are suffering with incontinence. This means that the individual will be able to find the right product to manage their incontinence in the most effective way possible. Some of the Inspire line of incontinence products include:
by Dianna Malkowski, Physician Assistant & Nutritionist
|Aging skin needs targeted care.|
As the American Academy of Dermatology promotes National Healthy Skin Month awareness in November, here are three steps to healthy senior skin, especially for those with incontinence. Taking good care of your skin is important at any age, but over the years skin becomes thinner, less elastic, and more prone to injury and infection. For seniors managing incontinence, it’s even more important to keep skin clean, moisturized and protected to prevent irritation.
|A Revolutionary New Way to Manage Incontinence|
When most people are confronted with the need of wearing adult diapers, they feel overwhelmed. They often feel that they will lose their privacy and everyone will know that they are wearing an adult diaper. Because of this issue, many people feel that they must isolate themselves and eliminate the daily activities that take them away from home. In most of the cases it leads to depression. The good news is that there is no reason to do this. There are adult diapers that can be worn with privacy and discretion and manage your incontinence in such a way that no one else can know about it.
|Explore your incontinence product options|
|The Past, Present and Future of Incontinence Products|
Types of Incontinence
- Stress incontinence
- Urge incontinence
- Overflow incontinence
- Functional incontinence
- Mixed incontinence
- Anatomic or developmental abnormalities
- Temporary incontinence
|Answers to Your Questions.|
Q. What's Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) And What Causes It?
A. Nearly one in five American adults have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). IBS is characterized by abdominal pain or cramping and changes in bowel function, including bloating, gas, diarrhea and constipation.
It's not known exactly what causes IBS. If you have IBS, the muscles that line your intestines may contract stronger and last longer than normal, forcing food through your intestines quicker, causing gas, bloating and diarrhea. Conversely, food passage slows and stools become hard and dry. Abnormalities in your nervous system or colon may also play a role, causing you to experience greater than normal discomfort when your abdomen stretches from gas.
For many people, IBS causes symptoms that are mild, which do not interfere with daily activities. For others, IBS may severely compromise their quality of life. Finding the right incontinence product can go a long way in boosting his or her confidence.
|Varicose veins - knowledge the key to limiting or preventing.|
|Incontinence Pads are the convenient and discreet choice.|
|Click here to see all Abena brand products|
|Click here to see all Abena products|
|Depend for Men|
At one time anyone with incontinence had to put up with a badly fitting, unisex incontinence undergarment that may or may not have provided the incontinence protection that anyone needed. Today, this has changed a great deal for anyone who is dealing with incontinence. The makers of incontinence undergarments and other incontinence supplies understand that each gender has very different needs when it comes to incontinence products. This has led to the development of incontinence products for men and incontinence products for women.
There are two main benefits when it comes to having gender specific incontinence products. These benefits are-
- Size-Just like in anything else there is a vast size difference between men and women. When manufacturers of incontinence products offer gender specific incontinence products they are better able to structure the size of the incontinence undergarment to better fit that gender. This not only provides comfort for the wearer but also insures that the person with incontinence receives the highest levels of incontinence protection. The bottom line is that if an incontinence undergarment does not fit there will be gaping and chafing which can lead to leakage and accidents. When incontinence products are sized for each gender then each person can find the right size of incontinence products to meet their needs and help them to effectively manage their incontinence.
- Protection-The basic anatomy of each gender dictates where the incontinence protection needs to be. Incontinence products for men do not meet the needs of women with incontinence and conversely female incontinence products do not meet the needs of men with incontinence. This makes the need for gender specific incontinence products even greater so that each sex can find incontinence undergarments that have the protection that they need where they need it.
One of the most widely used and popular lines of incontinence products comes from Depend. The makers of Depend have designed Depend for women and Depend for men. In order to meet the needs of each gender Depend has introduced incontinence products for men as part of their overall incontinence product line. These Depend for men incontinence products include:
- Depend Guards for men-This is a one size fits all incontinence product but it provides protection for men with incontinence up front where they need it. This type of incontinence product has a cup like shape that is designed to fit around the penis and provide protection. The wide end helps to offer additional protection where men will need it the most. The Depend Guards for men is made from a highly absorbent and very thin material that can provide additional protection without being bulky and uncomfortable to wear. The Depend Guard for men also has barriers on the side that will help to prevent leaking with an adhesive strip that holds it in place.
- Depend underwear for men-Another type of incontinence product for men is the Depend undergarments that are specifically made to protect men with incontinence. There are three basic styles of Depend underwear for men. The styles include: Depend underwear, Depend adjustable and Depend diapers. Depend underwear is made to look and feel like normal underwear while providing the highest levels of incontinence protection. Depend undergarments and Depend diapers are made to be more adjustable and come with tear away sides for easy application and removal. Every man will need to closely consider his lifestyle in order to make the right choice for Depend underwear that will work to help him manage his incontinence and meet his needs.
For many people the challenges of care giving can be compounded by the problem of incontinence. Because incontinence is more common as we age many caregivers find that they are not just caring for an aging loved one but an aging loved one with a serious medical condition. This can be a difficult and at times overwhelming situation. The senior with incontinence may be embarrassed and reluctant to discuss the problem of incontinence while the caregiver may be unsure as to where to start. The good news is that there is plenty of information that can help you to deal with this situation and begin to effectively manage it.
- Learn all you can-The first thing any caregiver should do is to learn all they can about incontinence. There is a great deal of information about the types, causes, risk factors, and applicable treatments for incontinence right on the internet. In addition, doctors, community resources and senior centers can also provide information about incontinence. There are also books and other publications that detail almost any aspect of incontinence. Once the caregiver has learned all that he or she can about incontinence then you will be better prepared to help your loved one.
- Seek medical treatment-After learning all you can about incontinence it is important to seek out a medical evaluation. Incontinence is almost always the result of an underlying medical condition. It should never be assumed that incontinence is a normal part of aging. Incontinence is more common as we age due to the fact that there are certain medical conditions that can bring on incontinence and they are more common as age. The senior’s doctor should take the complaint of incontinence seriously and not try to write it off. If the senior’s doctor is unwilling to treat the incontinence the caregiver and the senior should find another doctor. After a thorough medical evaluation the doctor will be able to diagnose the type, cause and the applicable treatment for the incontinence.
- Find the right incontinence product-Once treatment for incontinence has been sought the next step is to find the right incontinence product. It is important to keep in mind that incontinence treatment can be lengthy so the caregiver and the senior will need to work together to manage the incontinence. This can be done more effectively when the right incontinence supplies are used. Today, there is a wide variety of incontinence products that range from incontinence pads to adult diapers and they can all work effectively in helping to deal with incontinence.
- Consider the needs of the senior- One of the most popular lines of incontinence products is the Tena diaper. Tena diapers come in a variety of different styles in order to meet the needs of the person with incontinence. For example-If the senior with incontinence has mobility problems there are Tena diapers that come with tear away sides that facilitate easy changing. For seniors with no mobility problems there is Tena protective underwear that can be easily pulled on and pulled off. In addition, to considering the lifestyle needs of the senior with incontinence the caregiver should take into account the absorbency needs of their loved one. Tena diapers come in many different absorbency levels to meet the needs of those with incontinence. Finally, Tena diapers should be bought in the correct size for the wearer. If the senior with incontinence does not have the right size of adult diaper he or she will be at risk for leakage and accidents. Tena diapers come in a wide range of sizes so that nearly everyone can find the right incontinence product to meet their needs.
|Incontinence Products for Women|
Incontinence is a problem that affects people all of all ages and varying health status and both genders. However, the majority of incontinence sufferers are women. Women are far more likely to experience incontinence due to the stress and trauma that can result from pregnancy and childbirth and the hormonal changes that occur during menopause. In addition, the very structure of a woman’s urinary system can pose additional risk for incontinence. This makes the need for incontinence products for women greater then ever before.
Not to long ago, both genders had to be satisfied with incontinence undergarments that were unisex and lacked effective protection. Today, manufacturers of incontinence underwear understand that women and men have very different needs when it comes to incontinence undergarments. This means that women can choose from a variety of adult incontinence products that will give them the protection where they need it the most. Here is what you should know about incontinence products for women-
- Incontinence underwear-Not to long ago, women who were trying to manage incontinence had to be content with wearing incontinence underwear that was more like an oversized baby diaper that may or may not protect them. Today, there is no need for a woman with incontinence to not feel feminine. There are many different types and styles of incontinence underwear. Some incontinence underwear even comes in prints, colors, and materials that mimic normal underwear. Women also choose from many different styles and have a range of incontinence underwear so that she can select the kind that works best with what she is wearing. Best of all, many styles can be worn under normal clothing with discretion and comfort.
- Adult diapers-For women with moderate to heavy incontinence they may choose to use an adult diaper. This type of incontinence undergarment functions as heavier protection for more severe incontinence. A women who chooses to use an adult diaper still can pick form several different styles. Best of all, adult diapers for women with incontinence are no longer the bulky, noisy, rustle when you walk type of incontinence undergarment that they use to be. Today, women can wear an adult diaper with discretion and be assured that others will not know that she it.
- Incontinence pads-Many women with incontinence are only experiencing light symptoms and find that using an incontinence pad inside of normal underwear provides them with enough incontinence protection. However, if your incontinence symptoms are more severe you may want to consider using an incontinence pad inside an incontinence undergarment. There are many different styles of incontinence underwear including adult diapers that come with a special pouch that allow a women to insert an incontinence pad that will help to boost the efficacy of the incontinence undergarment that she is wearing.
There are many other management strategies that can help women with incontinence. Some of these management strategies are-
- Seek treatment-Many women are embarrassed to seek out medical help when they begin experiencing incontinence. They assume that this is a problem that they have to live with. This is simply not true. Today, there are more treatments then ever before when it comes to incontinence. Women should immediately seek out treatment when they first begin experiencing incontinence since this provides the best scenario for a fast and easier resolution of their symptoms.
- Seek support-There are many support groups that can provide information and resources to women who are trying to manage their incontinence. Women with incontinence can check with their doctor, local hospital, and community resources to find the right support group for them. If you are unable to attend a support group there are many different online support groups that can be beneficial, as well.