|The Swiss Army Knife of|
Personal Emergency Devices
There is a new emergency response system on the market, My Health Phone, and it is the swiss army knife of emergency response systems. Most emergency response systems, while very useful to seniors in their homes, are extremely limited in their use. Lifeline and First Alert for example, are both limited to their use being inside the home, and near the base. While they do offer benefits not found with a cell phone device, such as always being within reach (pendant necklace) and always being charged, the drawbacks of limited access often requires the user to get a cell phone anyway.
So why chose a service like My Health Phone, rather than just get a traditional cell phone plan? My Health Phone is so much more than a cell phone, so much more than an emergency response system, it offers many tools to lighten the burden, and provide peace of mind to caregivers and seniors. Here are a few of its benefits:
1. Can be combined with cell phone: My Health Phone is a fully-functional cell phone that works almost anywhere. With this service, you can use whatever cell phone provider you want, which means you can use your current plan if you are on one.
2. Check-In Calls and Text Messages: The software on the My Health Phone eases the burden on caregivers by sending automatic check-in contact through text, phone call, or email, and then notifies caregivers (or whomever you set it up to notify) if the check-in is responded to negatively, or not at all. The caregiver and senior get to designate the frequency and timing.
3. Medication Reminders: One of the great features of My Health Phone is that it is set up to make regular reminders to the user to take their medication. This can be very specific, such as, “Have you taken this specific drug at this time in this dosage?” Or it can be a generic question such as, “Have you taken your medication?” Again, the caregiver can set it up to be alerted to negative or non-responsive answers.
4. Access To Important Information- Next, this phone acts as a great resource for emergency personnel and caregivers when emergency situations do arise, or when the senior is traveling as it can store electronic copies of important documents and information such as living wills, HIPAA releases, medical directives, and the like.
5. Caregiver Assistance and Confirmation- This has already been mentioned, but it helps caregivers rest at ease, and not have to nag their loved ones about things like taking medication.
6. Works Inside and Outside of the Home- This device is not limited to the home, thus seniors don’t have to be, it provides easy 911 access, caregiver access, and important alert access regardless of where the senior is, traveling, at the grocery store, out with friends, or in their home.
As you can see this is an amazing personal emergency response system that makes ordinary systems seem outdated and obsolete. Learn more here.