- Steps, walkways, driveways and railings in good repair.
- Adequate lighting at all entrances and walkways.
- Textured surfaces and reflective, contrasting paint on step edges.
- Exterior lighting that casts light downward vs. horizontally and is easy to access for bulb changes.
- House numbers that emergency responders can see from the street.
- Low-maintenance landscaping, such as native plants that don’t require extra watering.
- Shrubs that remain compact as they grow, to avoid shadows that cause tripping hazards and to allow easy access to utilities.
About The CareGiver Partnership. The CareGiver Partnership helps caregivers and their loved ones with answers to their caregiving questions, including information about home health care products and supplies, from our Wisconsin-based team of Product Specialists who are all current or former caregivers. The company’s Web site provides the largest online library of resources on subjects most important to caregivers — from arthritis to assisted living, and Parkinson’s to prostate cancer — as well as access to more than 3,000 home care products for incontinence, skin care, mobility, home safety and daily living aids. The CareGiver Partnership was founded in 2004 by Lynn Wilson of Neenah, Wisc. Visithttp://www.caregiverpartnership.com to learn more or call 1-800-985-1353.