|Medications can cause bowel incontinence, among a number|
of other causes.
Women are at much higher risk for this condition because the anal muscles can be severely affected by the stress of pregnancy and the trauma of childbirth. However, many people suffer from other conditions that can cause a weakening of the anal muscles which can bring on bowel incontinence. There are also other causes of bowel incontinence that include but are not limited to:
- Anal surgery for another condition
- Some medications
- A diet that is lacking in proper nutrition
- Radiation that has been done to the lower pelvic region
- Stroke and other neurological conditions.
- Diabetes and other whole body illnesses
- Damage that has been done to the spinal cord.
|Call us. We're here to help.|